Take a look at these yummy treats!
These DIY dog treats are super healthy and the best part is they only contain 4 ingredients. They are brought to you by damndelicious.net
You can take them travelling with you for those times when your dog needs a satisfying treat, they will be begging you for another and another…..and another but always remember to give treats in moderation!
Why are these treats so good for your dog?
Oats are a good source of soluble fibre and can help to maintain healthy bowel movements by calming the intestinal tract, this is especially important in older dogs. They are also high in protein and low in wheat making it a great alternative for those dog’s who can’t eat wheat products.
Coconut oil is great for both humans and dogs! It can certainly increase energy levels and it helps to kill any bad bacteria that’s linegring in the body. Coconut oil also plays a big part in cognitive function and can do wonders for your dog’s skin and coat.
Banana’s are a fantastic source of potassium, manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, biotin and copper which all help towards optimum health. Banana’s are quite high in sugar so make sure that they are given as a treat and not all the time.
Dog’s go crazy for peanut butter, they love the stuff! It’s a good source of protein, but it also contains heart healthy fats, vitamin B, niacin, and vitamin E. Always make sure you buy peanut butter that is organic and has no added ingredients such as oil, sugars or salts.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, or more, as needed
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, bananas, peanut butter and coconut oil. Add an additional 2 tablespoons oats at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool completely.